About Coach Zoetewey
My mission as a professional strength and conditioning coach is to provide my students, athletes and clients the knowledge and training necessary to reach their goals in a safe, positive and rewarding atmosphere.
I believe for myself and those that I influence that physical fitness is crucial to retain a high quality of life and should be incorporated daily, not just to achieve a short-term goal.
To accomplish this I will continue to advance my own education so as to stay current with research and techniques related to physical training and adhere to the professional standards and guidelines set by my professional affiliations.
While doing this I will stay true to my faith as a Christian and conduct myself in such a way that my faith will show from my actions and words while not compromising the beliefs that I hold true.
Experience and Education
Here is a quick list of professional experience and education not including continuing education events that I have attended:
- Master of Science Degree in Human Movement (Sports Performance emphasis) through A.T. Still University in Mesa, Arizona
- Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology with an emphasis in exercise science from Hope College in Holland, Michigan
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology from Devry Institute of Technology in Long Beach, California
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (C.S.C.S.) with the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Corrective Exercise Specialist (C.E.S.) with the National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Performance Enhancement Specialist (P.E.S.) with the National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Club Coach with USA Weightlifting and has taken the Senior Level Coaching Course for USA Weightlifting at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs.
- Level 1 Coach with USA Track & Field Federation.
- Served as a Strength and Conditioning Coach at the University of Minnesota (Minneapolis campus).
- Served as a Sports Performance Coach at Velocity Sports Performance in Redondo Beach, California
- Worked as a Personal trainer at various health clubs in the Long Beach, Manhattan Beach and West LA areas
- Has been a fitness manager with the Sports Club and Spectrum Club companies
- Currently the Head Strength and Conditioning coach at Valley Christian High School and the Boys’ Physical Education Teacher at Valley Christian High School
- StrongFirst Level 1 Certified
- Functional Movement Screen Certified
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 Coach
- CrossFit Level 1 Coach
- Former competitive athlete in the sports of Football, Basketball, Baseball, Track & Field and Volleyball
- Current specialty interests in the field of Performance Development: LTAD (Long Term Athletic Development), Neuroscience and its applications to Coaching and Performance.
- I am an alumni of Valley Christian High School, class of 1986.